Scopophilia experiments with the dominance of the male gaze in well known works of art. By erasing the main subject of the piece - in these cases, a woman - the male gaze is removed and the composition and effect of the original piece is dramatically changed.
The original artworks apporiated are:
1. A Bar at Folies Bergere (1882) By Edouard Manet,
2. Olympia (1863) by Edouard Manet,
3. Nana (1877) by Edouard Manet,
4. At the Opera (1879) by Mary Cassatt,
5. Le Dejeuner Sur L'Herbe (1863) by Edouard Manet